Friday, July 3, 2009

Looking For Someone to Shoot Your Next Video? How About Big Brother?

Here is a band that understands what it takes to set yourself apart in the new music industry. They are called The Get Out Clause and they are from across the pond. They shot one of the coolest videos ever and they did it for next to nothing by filming in public places and using public security cameras. Then they acquired the footage using the UKs Data Protection Act which is similar to our Freedom of Information Act here in the states. Please watch and then read on.



I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did. When I think about the amount of planning that went into that video it blows my mind! Plus they had to acquire the videos from their government. I am not sure how it works in the UK but I am assuming it was the equivalent of a trip to the DMV times however many cameras were used to make the video. Most bands that I meet would have given up in the planning stage, but these guys pushed through and have created a truly great piece of 2.0 media.

...but wait, there's more! (R.I.P. Billy)

Visit their website and you will find that if you order now you can get their CD in limited edition packaging, created and assembled by the band. There is even a video of them making one so you can see how much work and craftsmanship goes into it! I was so impressed, I ordered one. But it gets better, the CD has the video on it and a music player that will be updated with new music from the band as it is released. Did I mention that these guys are unsigned!

I love seeing how creative artists can get using the tools available to everyone. This is a great way to cut through the clutter created by the new music industry. Take a look at the tools that everyone has access to and find a new way to use them, next thing you know it might be your band that everyone is talking about.

Now get out there and try something new!

No comments: