Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What Is ReverbNation?


I met with an artist this week and we got to discussing all of the different websites that bands can use for the betterment of their careers. This particular band is successful, intelligent and leaving very soon to play for a month in London, so I was surprised when they told me that they just recently started using a site called ReverbNation .

I was introduced to Reverb by a very good friend who opened up my eyes to all of the wonderful things can be done/handled on just one website. I manage a band called CONJOB (shameless name dropping) and I was desperately looking for a way to streamline all of our information and contacts as well as add in a few things that I hadn't figured out yet. There's so much to learn and so many websites that need to be found, so any education that was offered to me I would take... hint, hint.

ReverbNation lets you browse through venues all over the country, track and monitor the statistics of your band, manage a street teem, do viral marketing, digital distribution, gives you the all important Electronic Press Kit and so much more! Out of the plethora of features offered, the simple one that I was excited about the most is the e-mailing list manager. I've never been a fan of Excel (mainly due to the fact that I was raised on a Mac), so when I found that I didn't have to organize, number or alphabetize the list, I was sold on Reverb instantly. Every single other feature was just icing on the cake for me at that moment of discovery.

If you haven't experienced ReverbNation yet, then get on that website and see all that it has to offer to bands. It won't be a waste of your time... much unlike Excel is for this girl.

Cheers!
Creed

No comments: